Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A voter writes me:


I ...live with ... [a] younger brother, who is a senior at Lancaster High School. We believe that you are the best candidate to represent District 3 on the LISD school board. {We] also plan to attend the candidate forum on April 22.
An issue that I have raised on several occasions with district officials is the of the airing of tape-delayed board meetings on Time Warner Cable's public access channel, similar to the way that the City of Lancaster does with its City Council meetings. The school board unanimously approved this item on August 4, 2008, but nothing has happened since then. ... I was a subscriber to the Today Newspaper and since its closure last summer, we really lack an outlet to provide citizens with timely information concerning the district and school board.

Hi friend.

This is an issue I've also raised with the technology director at Lancaster. The tale I hear is that the district only makes DVDs and the cable company only wants VHS tapes. If true, that still seems a highly surmountable problem, to me. (so it's probably more complicated... ) Hope I have the chance to help with this particular technology challenge.

Jeff

No comments: